FinTech & Regtech, Let’s Talk Supervision: Freedom with Responsibility - sponsored by Actiance
15 March 2018, South Place Hotel, London
Topics that will be covered in-depth and will be open to our invited participants to discuss will include:
• Top communications priorities outlined by FCA
• How to capture and supervise new forms of communications like WeChat and WhatsApp, among others
• How Actiance can help you meet your Supervision obligations with confidence
Find out more
GDPR and reputational risk: Is financial services ready for the new regulation? - sponsored by Nuix
25 April 2018, The Ivy City Garden, London
Topics that will be covered in-depth and will be open to our invited participants to discuss include:
• GDPR sets new goals in the management of personal information, which if handled poorly can result in reputational risk. Financial services organisations are normally held to a higher standard so the reputational risk of not being able to handle GDPR’s ‘right to be forgotten’ or suffering a data breach is massive. What are your preparations for these incidents?
• Are the implications of GDPR fully understood – both in terms of the compliance undertaking, and the financial and reputational risks involved of getting it wrong?
• What are the challenges for the FS sector in keeping GDPR data secure, and what assessments and procedures need to be in place to do this from the outset?
• Class actions law suits against organisations who cannot demonstrate basic GDPR work flows are a real possibility, and new specialist legal teams are being created to test their clients for GDPR readiness – but are FS firms ready to be tested and would they pass?
• With personally identifiable information (PII) being spread far and wide within an organisation, what cyber risk assessments have been completed to test procedures and reduce your attack surface area?
• GDPR contains a ‘right to be forgotten’ for consumers – what are the specific risks involved here for FS organisations?
• There could be large fines for non-compliance with GDPR rules. Are calculations being make around the risk of a GDPR fine versus the cost to fix issues? And how are organisations approaching this analysis?
• What sort of specific technology investments are FS firms making to ensure GDPR compliance – and what additional opportunities do these new IT and data capabilities present?
• What strategies should FS organisations have in place for dealing with any data failures under GDPR and the potential reputational fall-out?
Find our more
FStech organises and hosts a range of exclusive intimate roundtables and bespoke events throughout the year, which are free to attend for financial technology professionals.
A roundtable is a form of discussion where participants debate specific business and technology topics. Each person is given equal right to participate in these discussions, which centre on current trends and issues affecting the sector.
Roundtable discussions and event write-ups are often published digitally and in print. In this case, the write-ups and comments are sent to participants ahead of publication and they are given the chance to approve their comments.
There is also the opportunity for FStech to work with you on networking drinks evenings, half-day conferences, seminars and much more.
If you have a roundtable or bespoke event topic in mind, please enquire and our in-house events team can build an event specific to your needs.
Recent and future FStech event topics include: digital transformation, data management, payments, cloud computing, compliance, blockchain and artificial intelligence. Click here to see our past events.
For further information on sponsorship on our forthcoming roundtables, please contact:
+44 (0)20 7562 2429